NOTE: Instructions for CoolCabanas 2 released June 2015 with aluminium arms differ to CoolCabana 3 released June 2018.
For written instructions for your version of CoolCabana scroll down.
CoolCabanas 3 Set-Up & Pack-Up video
CoolCabanas 2 Set-Up Video
CoolCabanas 3 Instructions
1. Insert the sand spike into a middle pole
2. Tap the sand spike in the sand by sliding the middle pole up and down.
Keep tapping until the middle pole touches the sand then STOP. Note if the middle pole is below the sand line the corner fabric supporting columns will sag and your CoolCabana will be unstable in the wind.
3. Slide the second middle pole onto the lower middle pole.
4. Keep your CoolCabana closed and slide it onto the top middle pole.
5. Raise the closed arms of the CoolCabana slightly by lifting two outwards and locate the red pull handle.
6. Pull the handle down until the slider stops, keep the rope tight by looping it around the lock on the middle pole.
7. Open the outer arms one by one by folding each outer arm outwards and filling the sand pocket with sand before moving to the next arm.
Note all 4 columns must be pulled tight otherwise your CoolCabana is not anchored against the wind. You can do this by setting the middle pole height correctly as described above, digging a hole for each sand pocket or by pulling the base of each corner column outwards away from the the centre pole.
CoolCabanas 3 Pack-Up
1. Keep the sand pockets full of sand then slowly release the red rope by unlooping it so the arms fold downwards.
2. Empty each sand pocket and fold the outer arm sections up.
2. Wrap the fabric columns around the closed CoolCabana and pull the bag over the top.
3. Slide the middle poles and sand spike in the bag with the sharp ends pointing upwards.
CoolCabana 2 Instructions
1. Slide the sand spike into the loose pole then tap the sand spike into the sand by sliding the loose pole up and down, stop when the loose pole touches the sand. This sets the pole height correctly so the corner fabric columns are pulled tight when filled with sand to anchor it down. Note; When your CoolCabana is fully setup each corner edge of the loose pole will point to the middle of each side of your CoolCabana so rotate the pole to suit before you tap it in the sand. DO NOT OPEN YOUR COOLCABANA UNTIL IT IS PLACED ONTO THE LOOSE MIDDLE POLE.
2. Slide the closed CoolCabana onto the pole then open the canopy by sliding the slider up until it stops. Set each arm and corner one at a time by extending the length of each arm by pulling it out until the thumb clip locks into position and filling the sand pocket with sand, this will help to keep it anchored until fully set.
3. Your CoolCabana will not be anchored against the wind until all 4 sand pockets are filled with sand and all 4 corner fabric columns are tight. If any corner fabric column(s) sag then your CoolCabana will sway in the wind causing damage. To prevent this either partially bury the filled sand pocket(s) in the sand or pull them outwards away from the centre pole until all 4 corner fabric columns are tight. If windy hold your CoolCabana to prevent damage until it is fully and correctly set.
COOLCABANAS 2 - GRASS SET UP
1. Use a hammer to tap the grass spike (purchased separately) into the grass. Note each corner edge of the pole will point to the middle of each side of your CoolCabana so rotate the grass spike to suit before hammering it in.
2. Slide the lower pole over the grass spike then slide the closed CoolCabana onto the pole.
3. Open and tension the canopy in the same way as the beach set up then hammer pegs through the holes provided at each corner and position them so the fabric corner columns are taut.
COOLCABANAS 2 - PACK UP
1. First release the tension on the canopy by pressing the thumb clip on just one arm and sliding the extended arm section back inside the arm, then pull the slider down to close the canopy. Once the canopy is closed empty the sand pockets / release the corner grass pegs and lift the Coolcabana off the main pole. DO NOT LIFT THE COOLCABANA OFF THE MAIN POLE UNTIL IT IS CLOSED.
2. To pack away, turn the closed CoolCabana upside down and drop each fabric column inside the canopy, release and slide all 4 arms extenders back inside each arm then tightly roll the canopy up around the main pole and slide into the bag.